Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I am not Feminist






So I thought I would take a stab at an issue that many young women face- Since we were little girls, the idea that the future held a life raising children, keeping house and making husbands happy was just the natural progression in a woman's life. Although the traditional role of women has changed, the idea is still around today. The media has glamorized the "stepford wife" almost making it seem alright that women are forgetting about their aspirations while they fulfilling their "duties."
The reason that I wanted to do a project about this issue is because after I graduate the traditional progression would be to get married and have children.- I am not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but i would never want to forget about my personal and professional goal of becoming a designer.

In this project I plan on comparing women in the 1950's to women today.

This is the photoshoot that I did with my roomate of me playing the role of a stepford wife. I will be using these pictures in a book about this issue/ magazine style... It will look like an old TV guide. The book will also include info graphics .

1 comment:

............................ said...

do something great with these--

add a sassy one liner..

make into poster for the showcases monday, 31st.

now!

g.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am currently freelancing. Please contact me if you would like to work together or just to say hi :)